Fire Protection & Detection
While fire alarm engineering is straightforward, since it is code-based design and doesn’t require advanced engineering knowledge, our experience with fire protection and detection systems extends beyond design and installation to fire investigation and code writing – plus our involvement with the Underwriters’ Laboratories of Canada’s Subcommittee (ULC S 500) gives us insider knowledge on new and discontinued fire prevention and detection technologies, which allows us to proactively consult our clients on how to adapt to changing standards.
A small portion of fire detection and protection engineering, however, is more complex, and a desire to work hard and serve our clients isn’t enough. This is where our hard-won knowledge from working for years in data centres, manufacturing environments, highly secure environments, hazardous locations, and extensively detailed industrial work comes into practice. We undertake all electrical engineering work related to fire protection and detection, and we do the specialized work that protects our clients’ facilities and secures their assets.
• Fire alarm system engineering design
• Documentation for Permit and Construction
• Fire alarm verification
• VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus)
• Sapphire system monitoring and interfacing
• Electrical portions of industrial fire suppression
• Hazardous location design
• Multi-system maintenance and long-term lifecycle replacement forecasts
• Negotiating long term maintenance agreements to protect client investments